AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Linear Feature Label spacing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KellyMason3179
491 Views, 2 Replies

Controlling Linear Feature Label spacing

• For linear features, expand the Advanced settings and specify Fixed to show labels at fixed locations relative to the feature. Select Repeat to repeat the label at intervals along the feature.

Using 3D Map 2012 this is a really great way to handle Labels for Linear Features..but is there a setting that allows the end user to set a Distance or Limit to control the spacing of these lables....?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rgladden
in reply to: KellyMason3179

Same question here. I have road centerlines for a map and the road names repeat way too often. Is there a way to control that spacing between labels?

Message 3 of 3
rgladden
in reply to: KellyMason3179

Well, I did figure a work around. At least on map 3d 2012, when you add a feature label, you can choose use an expression next to the 'Text Content' dialogue. once in there use the function expression LPAD() to choose what attribute label you want and then add however many characters of just empty spaces you want.  For example, I added 200 space bar characters to my road names and it spaced them much further apart. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost