AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour elevations from shape file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mermerCAD
893 Views, 2 Replies

Contour elevations from shape file

Hi-

I'm a total novice when it comes to Map.  I'm just stumbling my way through.  I downloaded a bunch of GIS files for Baltimore City and am trying to compile them to make base tiles we can use for different projects.  I have tried using MapImport and MapConnect to bring in the shp file for the contours.  They come in but without the elevation.  The elevation is brought in as Object Data with MapImport, but is there a way to assign that to the elevation field in the polyline properties?  MapConnect brings the elevation in as part of the table but again how do I get that elevation assigned to the elevation field in the polyline properties?  I just assigned the elevations manually for the 10' contours in one tile.  I have to do about 50 tiles, and it seems like there must be a much better way to do it.  Thanks so much in advance for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
antoniovinci
in reply to: mermerCAD

In an empty drawing, first attach (command _ADEDRAWINGS) the drawing containing the contours with OD, then perform a draw query (_ADEQUERY) altering the property "Elevation" to match the correct OD field.

Message 3 of 3
mermerCAD
in reply to: antoniovinci

Awesome!  It worked!  Thanks so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost