AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection AutoCAD Map 2014 to ArcSDE 10.1

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Santiago_SG
1315 Views, 7 Replies

Connection AutoCAD Map 2014 to ArcSDE 10.1

Hi everyone,

I am trying to connect ArcSDE 10.1 to AutoCAD Map 2014. Does anyone know which is the process most suitable to solve this connection with FDO provider?.
In the attached document, you can see that the connection is made, but didn't find any DataStore, that I have to do to see such data Store.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Gary_Braun
in reply to: Santiago_SG

I've not done this with Oracle, but have made it work with SQL Server and I have to manually populate the Data Store name before I am able to connect.

I hope it goes better for you than it has for me because our connection is terribly slow and unstable.

Message 3 of 8
Santiago_SG
in reply to: Gary_Braun

Thanks Gary,

In Oracle Spatial and SQL connections work perfectly...
The problem is with ArcSDE10.1, we want to see this data in AutoCAD Map

Message 4 of 8
Gary_Braun

Your response is a bit unclear to me. You do realize that I reply was referring to Map 3D so you could bring in and work with data there, right?

Message 5 of 8
Santiago_SG

Thanks Gary,

I am working with AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 and I need to  use   the FDO provider for ArcSde.
You know what are there quirements and how to proceed to connect this data?

Santiago
Message 6 of 8
Gary_Braun

Santiago,

I as I said, I don't use Oracle so I can't promise this will work, but here are a couple of things to try based on the screen shots you attached.

1. Instance Name: When connecting to SQL Server based SDE data the server name needs to be included in the string and I'm making an assumption that Oracle might need it as well, which In your case it would make the string = "sde:oracle11g:rsgis2"

2. On the second page of your attachement you show the empty dropdown box for Data Store. Try typing the name of your Oracle database in there and see if it lets you connect afterward.

good luck

Message 7 of 8
Gary_Braun

Not sure how that colon got turned into a smiley face, but it is supposed to be a colon.
Message 8 of 8
braudpat

Hello

Just a "stupid" question ...

Have you installed the "required" ESRI DLLs into the bin/fdo (MAP > 2011) OR fdo/bin (MAP < 2012) folder ?

Are you using 32 bits ou 64 bits MAP ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost