AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line next to cursor?

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
kcasperson
374447 Views, 22 Replies

Command line next to cursor?

I had a problem this morning where for some reason I needed to do a drawing recovery on a map - which is fine, all seems well.

The problem is that now when I type a command, it doesn't appear next to the cursor anymore. It's not really a NEED having it there, but I've gotten to like that in the newer CAD versions, and now I can't find the setting that makes it come back. Sure I CAN type everything and have it show just at the bottom of the screen, but I'd rather have my dynamic field back.

Anyone know how I can restore it?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Hi,

you can switch the dynamic mode by:

• change the sysvar DYNMODE to 3 (>>>details<<<)
  • press <F12>
  • click onto this button in the statusline on the bottom of the AutoCAD application window:

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 23

Thank you very much. I had a feeling it was one of those simple solutions I just couldn't locate...

Message 4 of 23
bneupa1
in reply to: kcasperson

Thank you very much

I had the same problem

Message 5 of 23
Annapeterson

I have the same problem, i cant find the dimentions of any thing, but i also cant click on more than one thing. I dont know if its different on a mac. I tryed but it did nothing. 

Message 6 of 23
sparkysocks

Thank you. I had same issue
Message 7 of 23

You are the bomb!!! This crap was driving me crazy... I spent a better of a hour and half trying to fix it. You never realize how dependent you get on something some thing a simple as that. So, many thanks to you...

Message 8 of 23
nicolasgathu

Amazing. thank you so much

Message 9 of 23
parkr4st
in reply to: nicolasgathu
Message 10 of 23

Thank you for the support.

Message 11 of 23
c03koan
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

at your 3rd bulletin point you said: "click onto this button in the statusline on the bottom of the AutoCAD application window:"

I don't know where to click. I did the first 2 points. Typed DYNMODE then I pressed 3 and then I hit F12. Then I am still stuck and when I type a command it still shows in the bottom left corner. Can you please help me out step by step. I'm  a dummy to AutoCAD.

Thank you!
Message 12 of 23
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: c03koan

Hi,

>> at your 3rd bulletin point you said

These 3 items are all alternatives, each of them does the same, turning dynamic input on or off

>> when I type a command it still shows in the bottom left corner

If DYNMODE set to 3 does not show the keys types in near the cursor then verify that DYNPROMPT is set to 1.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 13 of 23
c03koan
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you!
Message 14 of 23

Thank you,

That solved my issue as well. Gotta love the unknown updates that switch settings you never knew about....lol

Message 15 of 23

Thanks!

Is there anyway I can lock this feature so it doesn't change back?

Message 16 of 23

Hi,

>> Is there anyway I can lock this feature so it doesn't change back?

It should not change.

If it changes on your side then use the SYSVARMONITOR (>>>details<<<) so you get informed when it changes, and so knowing then which function or which tool does that.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 17 of 23

Thanks, that is what I needed.  the DYNPROMPT command turned it on and off for me.

Message 18 of 23
s1153033

can somoane help me with this. i still can't get it right. can somoane sent a picture or somthing?

Message 19 of 23
s1153033
in reply to: s1153033

i got it thanks

Message 20 of 23

It was so helpful thank you. I was getting so frustrated and my professor was not able to understand what i was trying to say!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost