AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
JohnPM
Message 1 of 5 (370 Views)
Accepted Solution

color saturation

370 Views, 4 Replies
09-20-2012 12:08 PM

Is there a way to find the RGB color saturation for attached FDO objects when they are themed. I have looked under properties but there does not seem to be a way to find it. I would like to use the same color saturation for text in the drawing that has the attached shp files. Autocad map 2013.

Thanks

John

I found the solution by selecting the fill color in the style editor and going to more colors. The RGB saturation is already selected for the feature as the default. I did not see this earlier. It would be helpful to have this available in the properties of a checked out feature. Thanks John
*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 2 of 5 (365 Views)

Re: color saturation

09-20-2012 03:18 PM in reply to: JohnPM

If you save the themed layers to a .layer file you can open the .layer file with an xml reader or notepad and get the colors in hexadecimal notation which you then can find the RBG. http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
JohnPM
Message 3 of 5 (362 Views)

09-20-2012 03:41 PM in reply to: Murph
I will give that a try. thanks John
*Expert Elite*
antoniovinci
Message 4 of 5 (339 Views)

09-22-2012 06:04 AM in reply to: JohnPM

The quickest way to achieve that goal, in my opinion, is:

1] in Autocad view, click Print Screen

2] in the free Irfanview, press CTRL-V

3] now SHIFT-LEFT MOUSE to copy the hex RGB value to the clipboard (e.g. black = 000000, white FFFFFF, yellow FFFF00, and so on)

JohnPM
Message 5 of 5 (315 Views)

09-23-2012 02:42 PM in reply to: antoniovinci
I found the solution by selecting the fill color in the style editor and going to more colors. The RGB saturation is already selected for the feature as the default. I did not see this earlier. It would be helpful to have this available in the properties of a checked out feature. Thanks John
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!