AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cogo commands in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rwingender
1009 Views, 3 Replies

cogo commands in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012

I am attempting with no success at all to use the cogo commands in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012.  It takes me thru the entire process only to cancel at the very end.

I start by selecting the Az/Dist command.  I select the starting point, plug in the Azmith and distance and watch as the program draws the line I am wanting to see only to abruptly cancel the command when I hit <Enter> key.

I will also say that we are using the Map 3D program as a stand alone with no civil or survey package.  I have thought that maybe that is the reason but I have no idea one way or the other.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Map3D 2012

WinXP Pro

Intel Core2 Duo

2.66ghz

3gb ram

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbaulke
in reply to: rwingender

I've had trouble on and off in the same way, and judging by this thread, it appears I hadn't been using the command correctly. (Though it refers to ACAD Map3D 2010, in testing it on 2012, it seems to work.)

Hope it helps.

Message 3 of 4
jeff03064
in reply to: rwingender

I am getting the same results. I enter my data, hit "calculate" and it will show me a nice graphic of what's going on but that's it. As soon as I exit the dialog box the graphic disappears and I'm left with no objects to work with.

AutoCAD Map 3D 2012
Message 4 of 4
jeff03064
in reply to: jeff03064

I played around with it a little more. As someone mentioned in another thread, it's transparent command so you have to use it while inside of another command. 

If you start the line command, pick a start point, then go to the COGO drop down and pick Azimuth/Distance and it will let you input the your data and draw the line per your specifications. 

Also, typing 'zd while in the line command will do the same thing.

Entering data directly through the COGO dialog box gave me mixed results as to whether it worked or not.

AutoCAD Map 3D 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost