AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cleaning up overlapping arcs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ron.mak
414 Views, 3 Replies

cleaning up overlapping arcs

This is a follow up to my previous post on overlapping lines.  I have attached another simple drawing as a sample which contains one arc, with three additional arcs drawn on top using the Nearest snap.  Unlike my previous example of straight lines, break crossing objects does nothing.

In my "real world" case, things have gotten entirely out of control.  It seems that my arcs have been converted to polylines with many short segments.  Put two (or more) of these segmented polylines on top of each other when they don't align and running break crossing objects takes a drawing that should have about 20,000 entities and makes it 80,000 entities.  I don't know if that drawing can be fixed/reapaired into something more usable so I am considering going back to the source drawings and starting from scratch.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
diane.cloutier
in reply to: ron.mak

Hi Ron,

I also could not find a way to eliminate the overlapping arcs using MAPCLEAN, however there is a core AutoCAD command, OVERKILL, that did the job beatifully on your sample drawing.  I just used the default values in the dialogue box.  I also created a short Chronicle video to demonstrate my results: https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/253a0fa5-4d42-41bc-be1b-6885b2f0f40b 

Hopefully it works as well in your "real world" drawing as it does here.  Please let us know your results!

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 3 of 4
ron_mak
in reply to: diane.cloutier

That is fabulous! Thanks.
Message 4 of 4
diane.cloutier
in reply to: ron_mak

Glad to hear that!  Thank you!

Diane Cloutier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost