AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clean lines overlapping

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ron.mak
1012 Views, 4 Replies

clean lines overlapping

see attached sample dwg   I am trying to create polygon topology and have a large dwg with 100's of situations like this: A line that forms the boundary of a polgon has several shorter lines on top of another line.  The shorter lines are not "short" so eliminating short lines is not an option - I have many polygons with a side that is smaller.  How do I clean this up?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: ron.mak

Hi,

command _MAPCLEAN does it for you.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
ron.mak
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have tried many clean methods but none seem to address this example.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: ron.mak

Hi,

I did it, without any troubles with your drawing. Look to the video (sorry, I only have the German release, but the positions should be clear for other languages too).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
ron.mak
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for the video.  I was curious about which option in the clean routine did the trick and notice you ran it several times.  I have been warned by others to be careful and only run one or two options at time in order to ensure that accuracy of the data isnt compromised more than necessary.  So I ran some more tests and found the required steps are as follows:

1. break crossing objects.  
  2. Delete duplicates (breaking duplicates creates duplicate line segments as each break occurs wherever any other line started or ended)
  3. Disolve Pseudo nodes
  4. Optional: Weed Polylines

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost