AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Contributor
ron.mak
Message 1 of 5 (232 Views)
Accepted Solution

clean lines overlapping

232 Views, 4 Replies
04-18-2014 03:09 PM

see attached sample dwg   I am trying to create polygon topology and have a large dwg with 100's of situations like this: A line that forms the boundary of a polgon has several shorter lines on top of another line.  The shorter lines are not "short" so eliminating short lines is not an option - I have many polygons with a side that is smaller.  How do I clean this up?

Thanks for the video.  I was curious about which option in the clean routine did the trick and notice you ran it several times.  I have been warned by others to be careful and only run one or two options at time in order to ensure that accuracy of the data isnt compromised more than necessary.  So I ran some more tests and found the required steps are as follows:

1. break crossing objects.  
  2. Delete duplicates (breaking duplicates creates duplicate line segments as each break occurs wherever any other line started or ended)
  3. Disolve Pseudo nodes
  4. Optional: Weed Polylines
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (204 Views)

Re: clean lines overlapping

04-19-2014 02:38 AM in reply to: ron.mak

Hi,

command _MAPCLEAN does it for you.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Contributor
ron.mak
Message 3 of 5 (196 Views)

04-19-2014 05:54 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have tried many clean methods but none seem to address this example.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 5 (192 Views)

04-19-2014 06:13 AM in reply to: ron.mak

Hi,

I did it, without any troubles with your drawing. Look to the video (sorry, I only have the German release, but the positions should be clear for other languages too).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Contributor
ron.mak
Message 5 of 5 (162 Views)

04-21-2014 05:54 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for the video.  I was curious about which option in the clean routine did the trick and notice you ran it several times.  I have been warned by others to be careful and only run one or two options at time in order to ensure that accuracy of the data isnt compromised more than necessary.  So I ran some more tests and found the required steps are as follows:

1. break crossing objects.  
  2. Delete duplicates (breaking duplicates creates duplicate line segments as each break occurs wherever any other line started or ended)
  3. Disolve Pseudo nodes
  4. Optional: Weed Polylines
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.