AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D surface to raster data (*.adf files)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
wilsonm2000
3776 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D surface to raster data (*.adf files)

Hi guys

A GIS person has asked me if I was able to convert a Civil 3D surface they have recieved into raster data files so she can use the data with ArcGIS.  Just wondering if this is possible with Map3D?  She normally gets someone in another office to do it, he uses an ArcGIS addon to take the data of the surface and converts it.  The result is a bunch of ADF files and an XML file.  Would be handy if I was able to do this for her instead of her having to send it to another office.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi

>> if this is possible with Map3D?

To handle Civil3D-surfaces always needs Civil3D, Map3D is not enough for that.

>> if I was able to convert a Civil 3D surface they have recieved into raster data

Yes, you can use Civil3D to export the data to either DEM-format or as TIFF-format. Therefor right-click onto the surface in the Civil3D-workspace and use "export to DEM" (hope that is called so in the english version) or use command _AeccSurfaceExportToDem. At least the TIFF-version is readable by ArcGIS.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7

I do have Civil 3D 2012, I just thought I would have to use a Map3D function to output it.  I'll give that a go 🙂  thanks

Message 4 of 7
wilsonm2000
in reply to: wilsonm2000

So theres no way of exporting it as adf files?

Message 5 of 7

Hi,

>> So theres no way of exporting it as adf files?

IMHO no.

There is an option to import ADF to a surface, but not to export a surface as ADF.

If GeoTIFF is not enough (what reason ever that could be) you will have to search some freeware for converting GeoTIFF to ADF.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 7

The GeoTIFF has come out a bit weird.  Nothing like the actual surface.

Message 7 of 7
antoniovinci
in reply to: wilsonm2000

Please export the surface with _LANDXMLOUT then zip the .XML resulting file, and attach here, we're gonna try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost