AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character issues exporting from wireframe to SDF

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Propertyguy
345 Views, 3 Replies

Character issues exporting from wireframe to SDF

As you can see in the image, there are Chinese type characters that have been brought into my SDF. I have a clean wireframe but when I export out to an SDF, I have noticed these characters showing up in my parcel map. I have been doing this process off export from wireframe to SDF for a couple of years now and have never had this problem. I have gone through and started the process over to fix the problem. But it seems that it happens during this export process and it affects the same parcels each time I try to fix it. 
Any ideas as to what is happening here 

Greg 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
phil_borycens
in reply to: Propertyguy

Hi Greg,

I'm not sure what is happening as I have not personally experienced this. Some questions:

1. Which release of AutoCAD Map 3D are you using (2013, 2014, 2015, etc.)?
  2. What do you mean by you have a "clean wireframe" before running your MAPEXPORT to SDF?
  3. Could you post a small DWG sample and all of your MAPEXPORT settings (preferrably in an EPF file)?

I look forward to your reply.

-Phil

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 4
Propertyguy
in reply to: phil_borycens

AutoCAD MAP 3D 2014

What I should have said was that I had a clean DWG...which means I have no errors, characters in the object data table.

Once I export to SHP or SDF the characters show up in the data table but only in the same 256 records out of over 76,000 records

Thanks

Greg

Not sure where to find an EPF file...can you help with that

Message 4 of 4
phil_borycens
in reply to: Propertyguy

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the additional info. (At this point I no longer need a copy of your MAPEXPORT settings.)

What we're seeing is the 132 character limit for object data CHARACTER data types in Object Data. Although the program doesn't stop you from entering more than 132 characters in these fields, you see the limitation when running a MAPEXPORT to another data type (strange characters, truncation, etc.).

Now that your data is in SHP, you're no longer subject to the 132 character limit (I believe the limit for SHP is 255). So you can fix any affected fields manually in the SHP.

Phil Borycens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost