AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing display order within the FDO layer.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
maherich
460 Views, 4 Replies

Changing display order within the FDO layer.

I would need to change the display order of objects within the layer. I doubt that it is possible, but may be there is some trick how to do that. Any experience with it? I know I could divide the layer into two or more and then use layer display order but I don't want to do that as it is contra to nice and compact display model.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: maherich

If you have the layer themed in the style manager you control the display there by moving the "Theme Rules" up or down. 

display.PNG

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 5
maherich
in reply to: Murph_Map

yes. that is exactly how it should work.

but in my case changing order of themes in layer has no effect on map.

I tried to regen and refresh layer too.

display_order.jpg

Message 4 of 5
rmacan
in reply to: maherich

I've had issues with Draw Order before, and sometimes it turns out to be related to my using the vanilla ACAD command DRAWRORDER somewhere in the creation of my MAP.  Are the results the same if you saved that Roads data file as a LAYER and added it to a new blank drawing file/map? 
Just a thought...

Message 5 of 5
maherich
in reply to: rmacan

That doesn't help either. Actually the Layer is not beeing saved into any DWG. It is a part of display model for industry model. That means it is loaded everytime from the scratch into new DWG. Nevertheless I have saved separately and tried to add into a new DWG to see if it helps.No luck the roads are still being displayed in wrong order.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost