AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see text in new dimensions or updated dimensions

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
gurleyenginc
700 Views, 7 Replies

Cant see text in new dimensions or updated dimensions

Hello

I am working with a new partner and am receiving their file in AutoCAD 2000. When I set up new dimension styles and try to create a dimension in their drawing I can not see the text. Also if I try to update their existing dimension to my dimension style the text disappears.

Can anyone help?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: gurleyenginc

Hello Trey, My guess is that you are using a Text Style that is using some missing font file on your machine. Try defining a new text style and choose a font like txt.shx. Check you text style by writing something. Then use this new text style in your Dim style and see what happens. You can also change the FONTALT to "." (Meaning: no alternate font). This will cause your AutoCAD to alert you every time a font is missing when you open a drawing. Arad "Trey G" wrote in message news:14752798.1101617846618.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hello > > I am working with a new partner and am receiving their file in AutoCAD > 2000. When I set up new dimension styles and try to create a dimension in > their drawing I can not see the text. Also if I try to update their > existing dimension to my dimension style the text disappears. > > Can anyone help?
Message 3 of 8
gurleyenginc

I am seeing a . where the text is normally located. Is this what you are referring to?
Message 4 of 8
cadman009

when you double-click on the dimension does a "." appear in the text edit box for all the dimensions? what should appear if you want to display the automatically generated dimensions is "<>".

if the "<>" is displaying and the text doesn't display it's possible that the text style is defined with a height that's too small to see on the screen. check your text style and put a "0" in the height box. that'll allow the dimension style to control the height of the text.
Message 5 of 8
gurleyenginc

I get the <> in the text edit box.

I tried several different new dimension styles with the font I want to use using the same font name "simplex.shx" and the height set to "0". They all come up with the "." I modified an existing dimension from my client's drawing by using a font with the "simplex.shx" name and it has visible text.
Message 6 of 8
cadman009

sorry if i wasn't clear. i meant to check the text style (as opposed to the dimension style) to see if there's a height defined there. in the text style i usually set the height to "0" so that i can define the height with the dimension style. within the dimension style you can then define the height that you want so that it displays properly.
Message 7 of 8
gurleyenginc

Yes the text style height is set to "0".
Message 8 of 8
cadman009

so, now you can set the text height to what you want in the dimension style. if your dimensions are in model space you should set the fit setting for the dimension style to the inverse of your plot scale (ie, 200 for a 1:200 plot scale) then set your text height within the dimension style to the actual plotted height (ie, 1/8). when you make changes to the dimension style the dimensions that are using that style will automatically update.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost