AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Cannot find help file: acad.chm”.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
joey.johnson
2806 Views, 1 Reply

“Cannot find help file: acad.chm”.

I discovered yesterday that when you migrate your settings from a previous version it also changes the files of type for your help file to the previous version. After you migrate from a previous ver if you go into options, files tab, Help and Miscellaneous file Names, Help Location then do a browse you will see on the Select a file browser at the bottom files of type.  It will not show (*.HTML) as one of the choices. If you don’t migrate from a previous version it will show (*.HTML) as the only choice. You will have to set your settings from scratch to keep your help files. That’s why my help wouldn’t work correctly when I migrated my settings from a previous version.

I would think this should be fixed in the next patch that comes out.

Hope this helps others that run into this problem.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhaines
in reply to: joey.johnson

I had this same exact problem after iimporting a 2011 profile into 2012 in AutoCAD Mechanical.  Here is a solution other than setting everything from scratch.

1. Export the profile that has the HTML vs CHM problem from the 2012 version.

2. Open the resulting .arg file using notepad.

3. Search the file for the text WBHELPTYPE and change it's value.  "0" is for CHM, "1" is for HTML.

4, Save the file and close notepad.

5. Open AutoCAD, set some other abitrary profile as "current".  

6. Rename the original profile you had exported in step 1 to some other name.

7. Import the profile .arg file you have altered with notepad and name it the same as the original profile.

8. Set the newly imported profile as the current profile.

9. Close and reopen AutoCAD.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Tags (4)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost