AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannont use read-only SQL user in Map 3D Industry Model

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jeremiahm
430 Views, 0 Replies

Cannont use read-only SQL user in Map 3D Industry Model

Hello all,

I have set up a Map3D 2014 R2 Electric Industry model on SQL Server 2008 R2. All works as expected when I login with a user that is db_owner in SQL. When I set up a user for public/db_datareader I can login to the IDM with Map3D but it will not render the objects. Here is my overview:

There are two results in the end:

1. A user cannot connect to the SQL IDM unless they are a db_owner.
  2. A user with SQL read-only permission can connect with DX (AutoCAD Utility Design 2014 E1), but the read-only is ignored and all data is written to SQL IDM when merging.

Here is what I have tested:

Create a new SQL User, Set Server Roles to public and User Mapping as follows (Danville is the IDM DB): (Image 1 and 2)

With these settings we can get through selecting our IDM to connect to in Map3D and immediately get this: (Image 3)

1. Changing the default schema has no effect on the outcome.
  2. Setting MAPSYS to db_owner or db_datareader has no effect on the outcome, I don’t think MAPSYS really matters to what we are trying to accomplish. Do you agree?
  3. Setting the Danville DB to db_owner always works.
  4. Creating the SQL User or using a windows login both have the same results.
  5. With the same user setup you can connect in DX, but all data is written back on a merge, it ignore the db_readonly.
  6. Logging into SQL Server Management studio with these credentials will allow read, but not write, as expected.

I appreciate any insight the community has on this!

Jeremiah

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost