AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not plot in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 64birwith plotter HP DesignJet Z6100 42 inch

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
alice.semm
796 Views, 9 Replies

Can not plot in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 64birwith plotter HP DesignJet Z6100 42 inch

I have installed a printqueue on a W2003 server with the HP driver(32-bit for XP-Clients and additional 64-bit for Win7-Clients) for the HP DesignJet Z6100. In windows7 (64-bit) i cannot add the plotter over the printqueue-Server. This ist my first problem. The second problem is: if I add the plotter with TC/P IP directly (network) in windows7 (64-bit), i can add the plotter, the driver is downloaded to the pc and i can make a plot. But in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 Enterprise I cannot plot. If I want to add the plotter to the AutoCad Map 3D 2012 version and start the add plotter wizard, I can select the plotter from the system but choosing this plotter, the wizzard aboards. 
so I want to know, how i can install the plotter correctly that i can plot in AutoCAD Map 64-bit.
Any suggestions? Any help in this would be great.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
phil_borycens
in reply to: alice.semm

Hi Alice,

I have to admit that I'm not the plotter expert! But thankfully I have some colleagues here who do know something...

We have two suggestions for you:

1. Some plotters (especially older ones) need to be installed via LPR. Information is provided on our blog about this:

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/12/installing-plotter-via-lpr-port.html

2. You could try using the HP Universal Drivers -- PCL 5 or PCL 6

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodTypeId=...\

Hope this helps.

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 10
alice.semm

Hello, thank you very much for responding.

I tried this morning the PCL5 und PCL6 drivers (universal... from homepage HP). The AutoCAD-Plot-Add-Wizzard is now working with it, but the plotter cannot read the format. After printing the plotter shows: wrong format. And no plot is done.

The idea with LPR i try next week and i will inform you about success.

Regards,

Alice

Message 4 of 10
antoniovinci

Madame,

why don't you simply use one of the HPGL drivers embedded in Autocad, instead of installing an external one as system printer?

Message 5 of 10

Hello,

Native HPGL2 driver are limited to HP750C+ and 36 inch, no 42 inch available.

I've had same problem but on HP800 connected to a computer running XP. The only solution I've found to connect Win7 64bit is to add a local port LPT3, install plotter as local plotter to this port, and add a .BAT executed when opening a session

NET USE LPT3 \\SERVEUR\HPXXX

The other problem is HP800 driver exists (and works on Windows) but don't work on AutoCAD 2012 64bit, so I've used HP4000 Driver which work well on old HP Plotter and perhaps for Z6100.

Olivier

Message 6 of 10

Nice one, Olivier, but... what about creating:

New port => Local port => \\SERVEUR\HPXXX

without setting any LPTx, nor running any .BAT files?

Moreover, did you try to connect normally to HP STANDARD TCP/IP port..?

Message 7 of 10

Hello,

I don't know it was possible to create a local port with UNC syntax, I've used LPTx with DOS client connected to NT4 domain, and I've never search more.

I can't connect to IP Port because the plotter wasn't connected to network, only by USB on a XP Pro Workstation, and my customer doesn't want to change anything.

Olivier

Message 8 of 10

Are you saying that your customer bought a plotter with an expensive HP Jetdirect Ethernet interface, but it prefers to downgrade it as a "poor" desk printer?

Well, it's hard to believe, but, as we say in Italy: "The world is beautiful, 'cause it is varied"...

Message 9 of 10

Hello Olivier,

HP4000 Driver is working. Thank you very much for the idea. But the colors are not like the original. so i was looking for an other sulution: and i got one: working fine with W2008-R2-Server (containing the 64-bit Server-Driver from the HP-Homepage) as Plottserver.

Message 10 of 10

Hello alice,

For HP4000, in the driver, default option for colour management is bad for AutoCAD because yellow appears green, and blue is light magenta. You can optimise that, but you have found an other solution, cool.

For Antonio, you can believe, I've seen too much incredible things. I've had a customer who wasn't connected to Internet until 3 years ago. He had a Windows NT4 workstation with Acad 2000 (bougth in 1999 and never update until 2010), no network, no plotter. He burned a CD and walked to the reprography shop every time he had a plot larger than A3 size to print... 

Olivier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost