AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2014 (Map 2014) Crashing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Cadguru42
584 Views, 6 Replies

C3D 2014 (Map 2014) Crashing

Map (C3D) will just crash without me doing anything if I leave it alone for about 3 minutes. It has nothing to do with screen savers as I'm using other software (in this case, Chrome to type this). While typing this message, I had a dialog box for choosing a SDF file from the Create>SDF button under the Planning and Analysis workspace open. All of a sudden Map (C3D) has turned white. There is a crash box, but it's not the Autodesk one. 

crash_no_reason.png

I'm utterly confused by this since I wasn't even working in the software for it to crash. I can get this to repeat by just leaving Map (C3D) open and browsing the internet. After a minute or two Map (C3D) just crashes. 

Anyone else get this?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadguru42
in reply to: Cadguru42

I started a SR about this. I've found that it has something to do with how C3D (Map) connects and uses SDF files. It will always crash no matter what SDF file is connected to, even a brand new one. It'll even crash while the dialog box for creating and editing the schema for a brand new SDF is open. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 7
Cadguru42

Turns out this has something to do with the providers.xml in the FDO folder having a wrong value for two <name> tags and is a known bug that the Map team is working on. How does something like this get through on release? We're not talking about some obscure method to cause a crash. This is basic functionality of Map and it fails. Not only that, so far the solution only lets you load a SDF. Creating a SDF is still impossible even with the solution Autodesk has given. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 7
BruceAdams

LOL... Looks like ADSK has their top team on it.....AKA..."nobody" Smiley LOL  

I've never crashed so much so often while working on so little.  I've probably sent in over 50 CER reports over the last few mo's with nothing in return from ADSK.  I'm sure they'll tell me to move up to C3D 2015 soon.  Which probably has even more bugs including all the defects they haven't fix for the last 8 releases.  

Message 5 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: BruceAdams

When you submit the CER  Make sure you have a valid Email address. After 2-3 of them you should get the general form letter email reply stating "Thank you for reporting the bababa.... We will contact you when a fix is availalbe. Have you installed the SP for 2014? I think one of them fixed the FDO provider list file(s). 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 6 of 7
BruceAdams
in reply to: Murph_Map

Yes, my software is up to date, and I know how the CER reports work. Too bad ADSK doesn't do what is really needed with them. Like fix the hunderds of legacy defcts that cause many of these crashes.
Message 7 of 7
gluckett
in reply to: BruceAdams

I would be willing to bet the issue is with the Video Card. Turn off "Hardware Acceleration" and see if AutoCAD keeps crashing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost