AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a complet street GIS with specified object

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nagy.tomi1981
322 Views, 2 Replies

Building a complet street GIS with specified object

Dear Community,
I have a very big idea and no one any person here to know solution to make it... so i have a lot of question and a basic english skill...

Firstly, am a beginer user in map 3d. A can add some data connect, work with shape and applying style on shape geometry.
A use civil 3d five years ago at my company.
In this month, we have a big idea: we need to create the road network with road sings with map3d. This network is 1000 km long and there is up to 10000 sings.
I can survey this network and collect geodetic data. If i ended it, i have a very big database from surveyed point. In civil 3d i can create the correct geometry and paste up to 10000 blocks in the drawing. I think, this draw it will be crasshed or kill my pc...
Trying to switch map:
I have the network with separated road (one road per one dwg draw). From this file i can export SDF file.
I can load the sdf data in map 3d.
And here is the question: if the sings blocks have got a basic data (layer, heigt etc..) and i displayed in map correctly (every point block with correct sings) can i add more information to this point or block manualy? Think like this: sings position (not geodetic), sings create date etc... Can i run a custom query to this added information? Example: I wana display on my map the sings that we created after 10.10.2013 )

I hope u are understand my worst english and understand my problem.
We have a big database in third party software from us sings data, but we cant export and use in map 3d, this method is impossible.

Please, send me some helping information (i read the map 3d HELP continuously 🙂 )

Cheers,
Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: nagy.tomi1981

I would export the sign blocks to SDF (ppoint type), then use data connect to bring them in to your map. You can edit the schema (data table) to add fields and use the field values to query on the data. You can also assign different symbols to display the signs based on the data.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
fieldguy
in reply to: nagy.tomi1981

Have you  seen the "Task Workflows" in Help under "Use AutoCAD Map 3D"?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost