AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD after splash screen.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Jackie.G
482 Views, 8 Replies

BSOD after splash screen.

When I launch the program, after the initialization of the plugins, I will get a BSOD, stating page_fault_in_a_non_paged_area. Then the workstation will reboot.

I have tried a repair, and a reinstall.

I am inquiring if anyone has had any related issue before, I do a clean install.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Jackie.G

Hi,

what Map3D-release do you have?

What OS do you have?

What hardware do you have? Especially what CG-card and driver release?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
Jackie.G

This is running on the following

Precesion t7400

Windows XP 32bit

4GB of RAM

2x NVIDIA Quadro's 3700's

Duel XEON 3.2 Ghz processors

Duel 250 GB SSD in RAID.

AutoCAD MAP 3d version 2010 with sp1 installed

Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> after the initialization of the plugins

What plugins do you have installed?

Can you try to add the parameter

/nohardware

to the icon that starts your Map3D. At least this parameter was used with success a lot of times (search within this forum for that, you'll find a lot).

BTW: did Map3D already run without errors and the problem now appeared or did you just install Map3D or some drivers/updates/options/...?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9
Jackie.G

I have just performed a uninstall and reinstall going by the instructions I have found here. I deleted the files and registry entries. I still get the same BSOD with a clean install.

I have also tried the nohardware switch just now. BSOD again

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

again: was AutoCAD ever running on your system? If so what has been changed on your system?

A blue screen shows some problems with hardware or drivers for hardware. That can start at a memory-chip and end at the driver for any USB-device.

The switch with /nohardware helps to not use optimizations on your gc and so reducing the risk to crash.

And while I wrote the above an additional question came up: do you use the nVidia Performance-Drivers?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9
Jackie.G

No, I am not using the NVIDIA performance drivers. Using the drivers provided by Dell.

Yes at a time it was running on the system Then the system was infected with a virus, but has been successfully removed.

Message 8 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Then the system was infected with a virus, but has been successfully removed.

Seems like virus and some more things are removed ;(

If you followed the advises for clean uninstall and Map3D don't come up I have not really an idea of what to do that has guaranteed success .... except new installation beginning with operating system.

Some ideas (or more trials)

• At least the most important drivers should be reinstalled, so e.g. I would reinstall the gc-drivers.
  • You could also try to login with another user-account (one that was not active while the virus did exist) and try AutoCAD to start.

Sorry, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 9

Gentlemen,

if a computer reboots, definetely it's NOT an application issue, so forget every insane thought about reinstalling Autocad.

I guess that problem lies either in Windows or in hardware: I'd bet a couple of cents on SSD Raid guilty, not fully compatible with XP.

Try to restart in safe mode, and run again Autocad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost