AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken SDE connection in Map 2011

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
987 Views, 7 Replies

Broken SDE connection in Map 2011

I've got a drawing that I have several layers mapped to our SDE server. I was creating a label for a feature and the drawing crashed. Now when I reopen the dwg, my SDE layers all have an exclamation point and the when I refresh the layer the message log says: ( tried refreshing the layer and the SDE connection) Cannot start session with invalid active version name. Version info for 'sde.DEFAULT' could not be retrieved. Network I/O error (-10) Cannot start session with invalid active version name. Version info for 'sde.DEFAULT' could not be retrieved. Network I/O error (-10) Cannot start session with invalid active version name. State info for '1883' could not be retrieved. Network I/O error (-10) Cannot start session with invalid active version name. Version info for 'sde.DEFAULT' could not be retrieved. Unknown ArcSDE error code (1) Cannot start session with invalid active version name. Version info for '0' could not be retrieved. Invalid version ID (-298) Cannot start session with invalid active version name. Version info for 'sde.DEFAULT' could not be retrieved. Unknown ArcSDE error code (1) Cannot start session with invalid active version name. Version info for '1' could not be retrieved. Unknown ArcSDE error code (-1089147397) If I disconnect I lose everything of course. This seems to happen frequently and I'm tired of starting over. The crash doesn't have a consistent point, ie: it's not the labels of a particular feature. I thought awhile ago that perhaps it was a Map memory setting or something and have an SR with Autodesk, but we don't have a solution. My specs are: Dell T3400, 8Gb RAM Nvidia Quadro 1700 , current drivers

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Murph_Map
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Sounds like the versioning in the SDE is locked up. Might need the SDE guy to check it. You can try working off line and do your work then go back on line to check things back in if you edit anything.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 8
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Murph_Map

This happens each time I crash when the SDE is open.  I'm not sure how to work offline, then go back online.  I'm not editing any of the data, just connecting to the SDE for display purposes.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 4 of 8
Murph_Map

With MAP3D there's  button the status line with the 2D/3D view buttons. In Civil 3D unless you hacked the registry to get the map status line you can use the command line 

Command: _MAPWORKOFFLINE

Command: _MAPWORKONLINE

However if you're not editing the data then why not save it (the SDE layer) to SDF format after you connect then disconnect from it and work with the SDF file(s). The only draw back is if the SDE data gets updated daily and you want to keep your data curent you would need to save to a new SDF daily. In whick case for display only the SDE guru should be usng WMF/WMS format anyways that you could connect to.

Nothing worst that having GIS and having people not knowing how to manage it. (not directed toward you Lisa)

Murph
Message 5 of 8

Yep, need the updated data. And yes, I'm working through Civil 3D. I'll make a couple of aliases or buttons on my toolbar.  Thanks a bunch Murph.

Lisa

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 6 of 8

Well as soon as I started the _MapWorkOffline command, the process started and FE.

UAV 0x64ac628 Exception at 77811da0h... darn.  I'll have to get with our GIS dept and see if he can help, but I doubt it.  I really was hoping that being able to use our SDE data in real time would solve issues that we have with outdated data.  I like live maps.  I'm still going to hang on to those commands.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 7 of 8
Murph_Map

As long as you are just displaying the data, you might be able to bypass the SDE altogether and connect to the main database from Oracle or SQL. The SDE "server" is only a middle ware app that pulls the data from another Geodatabase. You might need to get the GIS/dba guy to create a read only account and provide you with the service name and the datastore. (or risk hacking into it and don't mention it to them)  : )

Murph
Message 8 of 8
kwiggles
in reply to: Murph_Map

I am experiencing the same error. Our goal is to primarily to view but also to be able to edit the data in the SDE since that is our central database we access with ArcGIS 10 (GIS group) and with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 (CAD group). Do I need to look more into versioning?

And what do the 2D/3D buttons from Map 3D do that makes a difference? (I'm new to Civil 3D/Map 3D)

Kevin W.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost