AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break polyline with object data

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
2256 Views, 14 Replies

Break polyline with object data

I'm using Map 3D 2005, and I'm trying to break a polyline that has embedded Map object data into two pieces and still maintain the original object data for each piece. Currently, using the AutoCAD break routine only one of the two pieces has the original object data still associated with it. The other piece has lost all reference that there was even any object data associated with it at all. Does anyone know of a way to break these polylines that have object data, and still maintain the data for each piece? Thanks in advance for any help in this matter! Rodney
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe the Map Cleanup tool will break the polyline and maintain the object data. Try an experiment and see what happenes. "Rodney Grehn" wrote in message news:418a646e$1_1@newsprd01... > I'm using Map 3D 2005, and I'm trying to break a polyline that has > embedded Map object data into two pieces and still maintain the original > object data for each piece. Currently, using the AutoCAD break routine > only one of the two pieces has the original object data still associated > with it. The other piece has lost all reference that there was even any > object data associated with it at all. Does anyone know of a way to break > these polylines that have object data, and still maintain the data for > each piece? > > Thanks in advance for any help in this matter! > > Rodney >
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

Neil, Thanks for pointing me to Drawing Cleanup! That will work, not quite what I was looking for but I can conform to the Autodesk mentality on this one to make it work. This seems like a good solution for a LISP/VBA routine to operate more like the standard AutoCAD break routine. Now I just need to learn LISP/VBA, well maybe another day. Rodney "Neil W" wrote in message news:418a94c4_3@newsprd01... >I believe the Map Cleanup tool will break the polyline and maintain the >object data. Try an experiment and see what happenes. > > "Rodney Grehn" wrote in message > news:418a646e$1_1@newsprd01... >> I'm using Map 3D 2005, and I'm trying to break a polyline that has >> embedded Map object data into two pieces and still maintain the original >> object data for each piece. Currently, using the AutoCAD break routine >> only one of the two pieces has the original object data still associated >> with it. The other piece has lost all reference that there was even any >> object data associated with it at all. Does anyone know of a way to >> break these polylines that have object data, and still maintain the data >> for each piece? >> >> Thanks in advance for any help in this matter! >> >> Rodney >> > >
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

Neil, Help is at hand. Our GeoTools program has a command that can break that can break objects having object data and yet retain the object data in both the broken parts. You can download a fully functional 30-day version at our site and check this out for yourself: Download URL: www.4d-technologies.com/geotools If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me. I an assist. Regards Rakesh Rodney Grehn wrote: > Neil, > > Thanks for pointing me to Drawing Cleanup! That will work, not quite what I > was looking for but I can conform to the Autodesk mentality on this one to > make it work. This seems like a good solution for a LISP/VBA routine to > operate more like the standard AutoCAD break routine. Now I just need to > learn LISP/VBA, well maybe another day. > > Rodney > > > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:418a94c4_3@newsprd01... > >>I believe the Map Cleanup tool will break the polyline and maintain the >>object data. Try an experiment and see what happenes. >> >>"Rodney Grehn" wrote in message >>news:418a646e$1_1@newsprd01... >> >>>I'm using Map 3D 2005, and I'm trying to break a polyline that has >>>embedded Map object data into two pieces and still maintain the original >>>object data for each piece. Currently, using the AutoCAD break routine >>>only one of the two pieces has the original object data still associated >>>with it. The other piece has lost all reference that there was even any >>>object data associated with it at all. Does anyone know of a way to >>>break these polylines that have object data, and still maintain the data >>>for each piece? >>> >>>Thanks in advance for any help in this matter! >>> >>>Rodney >>> >> >> > > -- -- - Rakesh Rao [ rakesh.rao (at)4d-technologies.com ] - Four Dimension Technologies [www.4d-technologies.com] - Get GeoTools, Work smarter: www.4d-technologies.com/geotools - Free Lisp downloads @ TechCenter: www.4d-technologies.com/techcenter
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Rakesh, Thanks for the tip to look at GeoTools! What pulldown menu within GeoTools is this Break Object Data tool located? It also appears that GeoTools isn't availale for AutoCAD Land Desktop 2005 yet. When will it be able to run in this version of AutoCAD? Thanks, Rodney Grehn "Rakesh Rao" wrote in message news:418D9963.6070305@4d-technologies.com... > > Neil, > > Help is at hand. Our GeoTools program has a command that can break that > can break objects having object data and yet retain the object data in > both the broken parts. > > You can download a fully functional 30-day version at our site and check > this out for yourself: > > Download URL: > > www.4d-technologies.com/geotools > > If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me. I an assist. > > Regards > Rakesh > > > Rodney Grehn wrote: >> Neil, >> >> Thanks for pointing me to Drawing Cleanup! That will work, not quite what >> I was looking for but I can conform to the Autodesk mentality on this one >> to make it work. This seems like a good solution for a LISP/VBA routine >> to operate more like the standard AutoCAD break routine. Now I just need >> to learn LISP/VBA, well maybe another day. >> >> Rodney >> >> >> >> "Neil W" wrote in message news:418a94c4_3@newsprd01... >> >>>I believe the Map Cleanup tool will break the polyline and maintain the >>>object data. Try an experiment and see what happenes. >>> >>>"Rodney Grehn" wrote in message >>>news:418a646e$1_1@newsprd01... >>> >>>>I'm using Map 3D 2005, and I'm trying to break a polyline that has >>>>embedded Map object data into two pieces and still maintain the original >>>>object data for each piece. Currently, using the AutoCAD break routine >>>>only one of the two pieces has the original object data still associated >>>>with it. The other piece has lost all reference that there was even any >>>>object data associated with it at all. Does anyone know of a way to >>>>break these polylines that have object data, and still maintain the data >>>>for each piece? >>>> >>>>Thanks in advance for any help in this matter! >>>> >>>>Rodney >>>> >>> >>> >> >> > > > -- > -- > - Rakesh Rao [ rakesh.rao (at)4d-technologies.com ] > - Four Dimension Technologies > [www.4d-technologies.com] > - Get GeoTools, Work smarter: www.4d-technologies.com/geotools > - Free Lisp downloads @ TechCenter: www.4d-technologies.com/techcenter >
Message 6 of 15
srinivas

I have used BREAK command on 2 different computers. The results surprised me. One of the computers retained Object data on both line segments and the other did not. I checked every single System Variable to see if there was anything different and they were all the same. I am not able to use the Drawing Cleanup either. Please help.

Thanks.
Message 7 of 15
k.lew
in reply to: srinivas

I know this is an incredibly old post, but I'm still having this problem in ACAD 2014. 

Any other solutions??

Message 8 of 15
braudpat
in reply to: k.lew

Hello from France

Since a long time ago, I am using a french routine "MAPBRK" from Gilles (gile)

which is acting as BREAK but it keeps the Object Datas of MAP or CIVIL ...

Thks to Gilles !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
k.lew
in reply to: braudpat

Smiley Frustrated

hmm...I tried command "mapbreak" but it gives me a window where I need to break it with a boundary, and it didn't keep my object data.

Message 10 of 15
antoniovinci

k.lew wrote:
tried command "mapbreak"

Try MAPBRK instead, sir.

Message 11 of 15
braudpat

Hello

+1 with Antonio

I was speaking about "MAPBRK" NOT "MAPBREAK" !

I used this routine "MAPBRK" (loading the routine with the "APPLOAD" command) since 2007 with satisfaction, so ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
k.lew
in reply to: braudpat

right, I was really looking for the routine you're loading because MAPBRK doesn't exist...

Message 13 of 15
Murph_Map

@k.lew wrote:

right, I was really looking for the routine you're loading because MAPBRK doesn't exist...

Look at the attachment to his reply here

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 14 of 15
k.lew
in reply to: Murph_Map

ha! I must be going crazy. thanks!

Message 15 of 15
Murph_Map

@k.lew wrote:

ha! I must be going crazy. thanks!

It's almost Friday. 🙂 

You're Welcome 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost