AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boundary Command Eliminates Vertices

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jim.dahl
353 Views, 4 Replies

Boundary Command Eliminates Vertices

Is there a way to specify simplification of a line when doing the Boundary Command?  I notice that if I zoom out further that some vertices are eliminated in curves.  Does anyone have an idea how I can guarantee that the boundary is exactly the same as the plines that I specify.

Thanks, Jim

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: jim.dahl

Does a regen help..?

Message 3 of 5
jim.dahl

No, regen doesn't help, that is the first thing I tried.  I select both the original and the boundary to see where the vertices are eliminated.  It is around the curves.  Jim

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Does anyone have an idea how I can guarantee that the boundary is exactly the same as the plines that I specify

No sorry (I also sweared about that a lot of times).

The only chance I see is:

• first select the geometry from which the new boundary has to be built of,
  • then zoom in as close as possible
  • and at least show the point inside the polygon

That makes the best result, but I can't promise that this will return all vertizes.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
jim.dahl
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred, Thanks for confirming what I have been doing now that I am aware of it.  Zoom in...  My next question would be to Autodesk, is this the way it is supposed to work?  Is it just something we work around or is it a bug?  How can I find out

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost