AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner Need Help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bbrou25
424 Views, 3 Replies

Beginner Need Help!!!

So  I have a map that was drawn in AutoCAD and just recently got AutoCAD Map 3D 2012.  What do I need to do in order to start fully utilizing all the AutoCAD map features.  I know this is a very vague quetion but just looking for the basics on how to get started. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LeafRiders
in reply to: bbrou25

A little too basic information is correct...

A map drawn in an older version I suspect is simply an AutoCAD drawing that looks like a map. 

If you have multiple data formats Map 3D will help you assemble those into "newly formated" maps via Map 3D 2012. Very hard to see how you'll need to upgrade your old map to a new one without identifying what you have to create your map with. If you have "data" then the use of new map 3d features will be more clear. 

If you have an AutoCAD drawing and want to improve upon it's look. It demands a graphic eye to see where those improvements are needed. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 4
pmcatnip

What you should learn depends on what you need to make happen.  Browsing the TOC might be a good way to start so you can get an overview of the Map 3D functions and jump into learning the ones that sound most helpful.  For example if you need GIS compatibility then check the info on the FDO connection, querying attached drawings, block attributes vs object data, etc.

Dell Optiplex 360, Intel Core 2 Duo CUP, E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 3.00 GB RAM. Win XP Pro 32 bit. ACAD Map 3D 2012.
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> What do I need to do in order to start fully utilizing all the AutoCAD map features

SCNR: take some lessons 😉

Especially the wording "fully utilizing" would need a lot of days of training and some years of experience to come close to "fully utilizing".

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost