AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

bbrou25
Message 1 of 4 (251 Views)

Beginner Need Help!!!

251 Views, 3 Replies
08-10-2012 07:04 AM

So  I have a map that was drawn in AutoCAD and just recently got AutoCAD Map 3D 2012.  What do I need to do in order to start fully utilizing all the AutoCAD map features.  I know this is a very vague quetion but just looking for the basics on how to get started. Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
LeafRiders
Message 2 of 4 (211 Views)

Re: Beginner Need Help!!!

08-13-2012 02:50 PM in reply to: bbrou25

A little too basic information is correct...

A map drawn in an older version I suspect is simply an AutoCAD drawing that looks like a map. 

If you have multiple data formats Map 3D will help you assemble those into "newly formated" maps via Map 3D 2012. Very hard to see how you'll need to upgrade your old map to a new one without identifying what you have to create your map with. If you have "data" then the use of new map 3d features will be more clear. 

If you have an AutoCAD drawing and want to improve upon it's look. It demands a graphic eye to see where those improvements are needed. Good Luck!

Contributor
pmcatnip
Message 3 of 4 (208 Views)

08-13-2012 04:58 PM in reply to: bbrou25

What you should learn depends on what you need to make happen.  Browsing the TOC might be a good way to start so you can get an overview of the Map 3D functions and jump into learning the ones that sound most helpful.  For example if you need GIS compatibility then check the info on the FDO connection, querying attached drawings, block attributes vs object data, etc.

Dell Optiplex 360, Intel Core 2 Duo CUP, E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 3.00 GB RAM. Win XP Pro 32 bit. ACAD Map 3D 2012.
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 4 (199 Views)

08-14-2012 12:07 AM in reply to: bbrou25

Hi,

>> What do I need to do in order to start fully utilizing all the AutoCAD map features

SCNR: take some lessons :smileywink:

Especially the wording "fully utilizing" would need a lot of days of training and some years of experience to come close to "fully utilizing".

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.