AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bearing Annotation rounding / displaying issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TimGIS
693 Views, 3 Replies

Bearing Annotation rounding / displaying issue

Using Annotation to place a Distance and Bearing text via the great post from Murph (Label Those Lot Lines,) I seem to have an inconsistent display of my bearings when the bearing is close to 0. I built the file using Civil 3D but switched to Map3D which doesn't seem to have access to Ambient Setting anymore either.

Using a simple polyline and with my units and precision set as per the blog (Surveyor Units, Precision of 0.000000), sometimes a bearing of N0d13'00'E will show up as just "N".

I need to see that it is 13 minutes.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tim

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: TimGIS

@TimGIS wrote:

Using Annotation to place a Distance and Bearing text via the great post from Murph (Label Those Lot Lines,) I seem to have an inconsistent display of my bearings when the bearing is close to 0. I built the file using Civil 3D but switched to Map3D which doesn't seem to have access to Ambient Setting anymore either.

Thanks

Tim

Tim, 

I'll go back and review that post (it's been a while) and see if there is anything to get it to display the 0. 

No guarantee. 😉

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: TimGIS

Works ok for me as long as the line was created with survey units input. 

Bearings.png

I created the line by picking a sp then used 50<N0d13'25"E as the next point.

Look at the property angle of the line and see what it lists. You may have to erase the line and redraw it using the input Distance<N0DXX'xx" with XX & xx as the min & sec you want. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 4
TimGIS
in reply to: Murph_Map

Looks like its a Polyline vs Line issue. It works fine with the line object but not the polyline object. See attachment

I prefer to use polyline objects due to my GIS work but maybe I need to do all my prework as Line Objects (gross.) All my polylines are of the Surveyor Type input (Distance<N0DXX'xx", yet its just the Annotation (by way of the annotation template) that is rounding the value of N0D13'00"E to  just S

If you have any further thoughts on why annotation rounds to S on a polyline but not a line that would be great. Please test with N0D13'00"E. Otherwise, thanks so much for your reply.

Tim

Capture20.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost