AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Contributor
MyDigitalParadise
Message 11 of 13 (417 Views)

Re: Batch converting large number of dwg files to pdf

02-11-2013 11:01 AM in reply to: MyDigitalParadise

OK, that seams to have done it.

So, I opened a file.  opened the page setup for the modelspace.  I applied the settings I want and specified in the properties dialog that I want it to print the extents (limits was the default and is what gave me the blank pages).  Then hit preview, found the results I wanted.  Saved out that file as a template.  That was the step I was missing, once I did that all worked fine.  In the publish dialog I selected import under the Page Setup and imported the dwt I created.  This gave me "ANSI C" as a choice as I saved it to that name in the Page setup dialog.  At that point I selected ANSI C from the dropdown and all 5 of my test files published an ANSI C PDF for each drawing at each file's extents.

Now I'll move to the larger list and see how it runs.

Thanks again for the help. 

One last question (providing all works well on the larger run) is applying the page setup to each line item in the publish dialog the only way.  It's not that big a deal but it seams that there could be a way to apply that dwt to all files added to the publish dialog either at once or when they are added.

Paul

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 12 of 13 (406 Views)

02-12-2013 12:14 AM in reply to: MyDigitalParadise

Hi,

>> is applying the page setup to each line item in the publish dialog the only way

Yes, you can only save the list to publish if you need to do the publishing more than once with the same files.

>> a way to apply that dwt to all files added

At least, mark all lines concurrently, then you need just one assign of the pagesetup and that's it.

Acad_Publish_PagesetupToAllLayouts_AN01.gif

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
MyDigitalParadise
Message 13 of 13 (392 Views)

02-12-2013 10:17 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes apparently I wasn't selecting something right as the first few times I tried to affect all of them the change did not propagate.  I tried it again yesterday afternoon and all went well with all files set to the same choice.  Thanks for all the help as I’ve finished the whole output and the results are exactly what we needed.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.