AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Point Attributes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Kyle-Evans
310 Views, 3 Replies

Automatic Point Attributes

Hey guys, thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

Our GIS department routinely sends us line assignment drawings and they need to know the angular difference between the incoming and outgoing lines. I am trying to automate as much of this as possible as dimensioning 700+ vertextes can get cumbersome and take A LOT of time.

I have got a few of the steps down pat...

1) Create Civil 3D points with a AutoCAD point style manually along the vertextes of the polyline (They need ACAD points)

2) Explode the points until just the ACAD point remains.

3) Turn the long polyline with 250+ vertextes into an alignment.

4) Add vertex angular labels automatically at all of the alignment vertexes with the difference between the incoming and outgoing angles. Think of using an angular dimension on the two lines and putting the dimension on the side of the line with the smallest angle.

5) Explode everything multiple times so it can be opened up in GIS software.

The next part of my task is to get that angle, and automatically put it as an attribute in Map3D along with the AutoCad point that it references. Currently they are typing in all of these angles by hand, which is taking quite a bit of time when you have a lot of them to do.

What I need to include in the attribute is the angle I calculate (the difference between incoming and outgoing) and the delta angle. For an example, if the incoming line comes in due North, and the outgoing line go out NE, my angular calculation will be 135 degrees. They also want the actual bend included, so 45 degrees.

Is there a way to possibly do this??

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

You can get the 45° value by _MAPEXPORTing the lines, adding the ANGLE properties' attribute in the resulting shapefile.

About the 135° value, I fear you can't, sir.

Message 3 of 4
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: antoniovinci

This puts the attribute in the line though, doesnt it?

i need it in the ACAD Point

Message 4 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

If that point "belongs" to the line, you can transmit the line attribute to the point one, by means of a so-called "spatial join".

I can do it in Qgis, whilst I don't know if Map is able to, so wait for the Murph and/or Alfred's opinion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost