AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Insanity.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
phmurphy
596 Views, 8 Replies

Autodesk Insanity.

I got an email about an upgrade to Infrastruc Design Ste Standard 2014.  What the hell is that?  I have Autodesk Map. 

Then it said "Commerical Product Upgrade Windows From Subscription-AF Only is now available for download."  Obviously it is from a non-English speaking jargon freak.  What is going on?

Also, I need to link to MS ACCESS tables.  Will I be able to do that in the "new Improved version"

web site is wildly non-functional.  I tried to sign in and the sign-in area went white.  Now I am looking for a send button and I don't see one.

I can not find any phone numbers to call.  So...this is the Autodesk experience, doomed insanity.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
philip.s
in reply to: phmurphy

My apologies for the inconvenience / misunderstanding Patrick.

As a Contract Manager you would have been sent a couple emails over the last few weeks explaining the automatic upgrade from Map 3D to Infrastructure Design Suite, and how to opt-out if you would like to remain with the previous.

In regards to the inability to access the Subscription Center, this is a known issue with IE 10 is not currently supported in the Subscription Center. Additional information can be found on our  Subscription Center Sign-In Guide.

Specifically:

Subscription Center is fully compatible with the following Internet Browsers:

• Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 and 9
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Google Chrome
  • Safari

Note: Internet Explorer 10 is not currently compatible with Subscription Center and as a result may not function properly. If you're using Internet Explorer 10, we recommend adding Autodesk.com to your Compatibility View Settings as described below:

Hold down Alt-T, select Compatibility View Settings -> Add "autodesk.com".

Message 3 of 9
phmurphy
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks for the response. I will try the compatibility mode to access the
web site. I received no emails at all regarding some confusing ???whatever
change to a different product. Where do I get that information? Why
would I want something other than MAP and what does this mean, that MAP is
being discontinued. An excellent motivation to just move to ESRI products?
Message 4 of 9
andrewpuller3811

I have just noticed the email I received went along the same lines. We have 10 civil 3d licenses and 1 Infrastructure Design Suite License. The email I recieved had your upgrade to Infrastructure Design Suite is ready for download, but I did not look down any further as I wasn't going to download it as it is too large. I check the subscription site today and noticed we now have 10 +1 licenses of Infrastructure Design Suite, so I went back and checked all the emails I have received from autodesk this year and there is no mention of being upgraded, except in the email mentioned above which had 10 licenses of Infrastructure Design Suite. Patrick, The Infrastructure Design Suite Standard includes Map 3d but also includes Autocad, Raster Design, Recap and Navisworks Simulate. The subscription on new license of map works out at US$715 but Infrastructure Design Suite Standard subsription works out at $835. For us, the increase looks like it will be AU$250 a license times 10 => $2500 😞 I would certainly like to see more information on this automatic upgrade.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 5 of 9
phmurphy
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

If that is all true, I am done with subscription up-rape.
Message 6 of 9
philip.s

Hi Patrick,

I just attempted to send you the 3 email notifications that would have been sent to you, but was blocked, which might be why you didn't receive them in the first place.

Do you have an alternative email address that I can use?

Message 7 of 9
phmurphy

Ecotoneco@AOL.com. I don't have you blocked.
Message 8 of 9
philip.s

Just resent / looks like that one went through.

Message 9 of 9
phmurphy

More insanity.

So after the long route of finding out that no notice for converting my Autodesk Map to something else, and getting it changed back to MAP was over, I go the notice that the 2014 update was available.

I went to the subscription site to log on and download the update but everytime I tried to log on, the log-on area went white and everything dissappeared.

I tried to find a phone number to call since I couldn't log on, and all the help info said to log on and get help.

Come to find out, the autodesk.com site is not compatible with Explorer 10.  Via email I contacted subscription and they said to use Alt-t to allow the autodesk.com site to be openend in "compatibility mode".  I have a W7 and a W8 computer and this did not work on either of them.

My only alternative was to call someone and guess what, Autodesk no longer has ANY kind of call center.  I finally found some of their offices and had to call their front desks, some of which were just voice mails.

I finally got a call back and they will now send me a DVD.  They also mentioned that all I needed to do was type in my user name and password even though I couldn't see anything and that would work.

Man, is this a sinking ship or what?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost