AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MAP AND ACCESS DATABASE

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Goldhound
798 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD MAP AND ACCESS DATABASE

Question?

Is it possible and if so how...

If i connect to an Access Database and link to the blocks in my drawing, Can i have the drawing only show the blocks that i have quried in my database or does it just highlight the data in the database?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bandit1965
in reply to: Goldhound

I use an Access Database. I can query only those objects asked for into a drawing or I can highlight those entries in the database by selecting the centroid or block in my base drawing. So the short answer is yes, if I am reading your question right.

Message 3 of 6
Goldhound

Thanks, I know i can highlight the records but i am not sure how to display on the map only the blocks that i queried.

Example, I have 200+ thousand blocks plotted on my map and each one represents a seperate item. I have all blocks linked to my Access Database..

Say i query only the blocks that represent a blue item and say there are 25 blocks that equal this. Out of the 200+ Thousand blocks in my drawing.. all that is displayed on the screen is what is in my query, the 25 blue blocks...

This is what i want to be able to do...

any ideas?

Message 4 of 6
bandit1965

Yes, if the data in the Access database has that detail in one of the fields. You can load the topology for that drawing and execute your query based on the data you want shown.

Message 5 of 6
Murph_Map

Create a new Map from the display manager, Add data based on a query.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 6 of 6
Goldhound

Thanks!!!

Sometimes you cant see the forest for the trees.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost