AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Map 3d mouse wheel scrolls rather than zooms

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mcloughlin
510 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad Map 3d mouse wheel scrolls rather than zooms

I have Civil 3D 2014, including Map 3D. 

In Civil 3D, the mouse wheel zooms in the standard fashion.

However, in Map 3d it only scrolls vertically. It does not zoom. 

MBUTTONPAN is set to 1

ZOOMWHEEL is set to 1

NOTE that in Civil 3D using the same sysvar settings, the mouse wheel DOES ZOOM in the standard fashion.

Why does it NOT zoom in Map 3D, and ONLY in Map 3D?  How can I get it to zoom?

Many thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
antoniovinci
in reply to: mcloughlin

Try to uninstall all the mouse drivers & utilities, reboot and let Windows use its own embedded driver: any changes..?

Message 3 of 7

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by that:

>> I have Civil 3D 2014, including Map 3D.

Because if you have Civil3D (which includs Map3D, yes) you only have one appliction and that it's really surprising that the mouse acts differently.

Or do you have Civil3D and Map3D as seperate products? Then:

...start command _OPTIONS ==> tab Display ... and see now if the option "Display scoll bars in drawing window" is disabled in both, Civil3D and Map3D.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 7

Let's see if I can explain better. 

I have Civil 3D 2014, including Map 3D as part of the suite (one suite, installed as one). 

MOUSE WHEEl zooms (enlarges or shrinks view) in C3D, but in Map, MOUSE WHEEL only scrolls, i.e., moves image up and down on screen; it does NOT zoom as it does in Civil 3D.   

This does seems surprising to me considering the supposed unity of the suite, but this is precisely the phenomenon with which I'm dealing.  I hasten to note that it has NOTHING to do with the scroll bars.  It is strictly a MOUSE-RELATED  phenomenon, and it affects ALL of the four mice I have tried on the machine, and is thus probably not a fault of any mouse but of some setting in Map.  It is not the zoomwheel or mbuttonpan sysvars, since both are set to 1. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled mouse drivers and utilities, but there is no change.  Consequently, I suspect that there is some sysvar or other simple setting within the Map environment that I must change.  What could it be? 

Many thanks!

Message 5 of 7

Hi,

>> I hasten to note that it has NOTHING to do with the scroll bars.  It is strictly a MOUSE-RELATED  phenomenon

Have you tried it or is that a statement? Because I saw mouse-drivers that react in another way when they find scrollbars in the application window.

>> I suspect that there is some sysvar or other simple setting within the Map environment that I must change

AFIK: except of MBUTTONPAN there is no sysvar that could be responsable for that (from inside AutoCAD).

>> it affects ALL of the four mice I have tried on the machine

Same type/manufacturer/driver or really different?

If you want to make sure it is not depending on any setting in the AutoCAD-Map3D profile you can go to the Windows-start-menu ==> Autodesk ==> AutoCAD Map3D 2014 ==> Reset settings to default

...if there is no option to reset the profile you can create a new profile manually by:

• login to your Windows with an account that hasn't started AutoCAD Map3D yet and try it
  • run the procedure to initiate the secondary installer like described >>>here<<<
  •  

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
    Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
    (not an Autodesk consultant)
    Message 6 of 7
    antoniovinci
    in reply to: mcloughlin

mcloughlin wrote:
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled mouse drivers and utilities

My advice was different, sir: uninstall the mouse stuff WITHOUT reinstalling anything.
    After rebooting, let Windows load its own drivers, without any your actions, then check the behaviour in Map...

Message 7 of 7
    mcloughlin
    in reply to: antoniovinci

Alfred above solved my problem, sort of.  Turns out that yes, in 2014 if one has the scroll bars visible, the mousewheel zoom does not function.  Go figure.  I always liked having access to both scrollbars and full rodent navigation, but I suppose I have to say goodbye to this ancient convenience. 

Thanks, Alfred, for your assistance. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost