AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MAP 3D - Fatal Error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Picassio_1
593 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD MAP 3D - Fatal Error

I recently added a new admin user on Windows 7. When I am logged in as this new user AutoCAD Map3D will not open. It starts to open then a message comes up saying  "Unable to load profile file. Some profile info saved in last session may not be restored." Followed by "Customization file load failed: File not found: acad" I also get the message saying that it cannot find  FDO.dll, however this file exists within the AutoCAD Map 3D.

The program works fine with the original User however, i need to be able to use this new user instead. I read a few forums etc and the main suggestion was to re-install AutoCAD Map 3D 2012.

My question is: Is there any remedy without a reinstall?

If I reinstall, do i reinstall on this new user or the original user? And if i reinstall what happens with the licence. I currently have a standalone permanent licence on this machine. Will a reinstall need this licence reactivated or will it remain.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hence_the_name
in reply to: Picassio_1

Hi,

first try to reset the AutoCAD settings for the new user.

In Start > Program Files > Autodesk ... Map choose the "reset profile" feature (it points to: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\AdMigrator.exe" /reset).

Good luck, Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 3
Picassio_1
in reply to: hence_the_name

Hi,

When I go through In Start > Program Files > Autodesk, there is no AutoCAD Map 3D in this user. If i go through: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\AdMigrator.exe" I can find it, however, when I can't open the .exe file without having to select a program to open it with.  Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost