AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Map 3D 2015 - GeoMaps Not Displaying

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
ADmkinler
2238 Views, 23 Replies

AutoCAD Map 3D 2015 - GeoMaps Not Displaying

I am having issues with my GeoMap function. It's not working. I tried restarting Computer, signed on and off. And nothing. Any ideas to reslove this issue?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Murph_Map
in reply to: ADmkinler

@ADmkinler wrote:

Any ideas to reslove this issue?

No, not with out more info!

Do you have an A360 account?

Do you have a live connection to the internet?

Do you have a coordinate system assigned to the dwg?

Do you have any objects in the dwg?

What command(s) are you using and what happens?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 24
behr

We have the same issue. Support believes it to be caused by an outage. 

Message 4 of 24
ADmkinler
in reply to: Murph_Map

Yes. I have a 360 account. I have signed in and out multiple times. Still no go.

Yes. Internet is live.

Yes. coordinate system is set up. I have also tried different systems. I have even tried other maps with totally different coordiante systems. 

All of the drawings have Section/TWN/Range with Parcels that are hatched with Parcels that are numbered. 

I can open map and first thing I do is is the Map Hybrid Button. And still no go..

Tried again this am. Nothing..

Message 5 of 24
ezfisher

I have a large number of clients that all use the geomap\Bing imagery daily.  None of them had imagery yesterday, nor today.

Message 6 of 24
behr

It isn't the internet that is out. It is an 'Outage', so it is either the Autodesk connection or its servers that are causing the issue. There is nothing you can do until they get it up and running. 

Alteritives, use Plexearth or find a WMS provider. There are lots of them, many are free. Some have a trial. Its easy to do and will get you by for a while.

We miss are GEOMAP too but thats our options. 

Message 7 of 24
foxeec
in reply to: behr

Glad to know i'm not the only experiencing the problem.  It seems to be persisting into today, at least for me.
Hopefully it'll be fixed quickly!

Lorrie

Message 8 of 24
ADmkinler
in reply to: foxeec

I agree. I have tried Plexearth and a few other Free WMS providers, an I have not had any luck. Plexearth gives me some error when trying to load image.

Message 9 of 24
behr

What is the error? I am a heavy user of Plexearth and might be able to help.

For WMS, you can try the ONTERRA trial. It has an annoying water mark but it can get you by.
Message 10 of 24
ezfisher

There is no error message. You open a map/dwg with a valid projection, type
in Geomap, select image, roads or hybrid and the imagery appears to the
extents of the map in the background. Now it does not.

Regards,

John Fisher

FISHER UTILITY SOLUTIONS

Message 11 of 24
behr
in reply to: ezfisher

I was refering to Plexearth, not GEOMAP. 

I have the same problem and support says it is due to an "outage". Even Autodesk supports GEOMAP does not work. 

They are working on it right now but obviouslly taking a while. Wednesday morning Pacific time, it was working fine for me and a coworker said it was not working on his. So I logged out of my account, tried to log back in and I was in the same perdiciment. I contacted support and they said it was due to an outage as they can't get theirs to work either.

Message 12 of 24
foxeec

Yep, no error, you jsut type in the command, or hit the icon, and nothing happens.

Luckily, i have individual images that i can insert in the meantime, it's just more time consuming than typing the command.

Lorrie

Message 13 of 24
ezfisher
in reply to: foxeec

we have backup NAIP ECW's, but they don't show pole shadows...essentially folks are unproductive until resolved.

Message 14 of 24
behr

I feel you, 

Today I am working on an underground line were the county has real bad taxlot data so I need to trace out the roads for an underground fiber cable. But yes, if you dont have the GPS data for the poles, you need those images bad. 

ONTERRA will give you the the same Bing Maps backround but you should have to do that. I think Autodesk dropped the ball on this one. They should have made some kind of anouncment about the issue. 

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous

So, I've been dealing with this issue as well, obviously since last Wednesday... Any rumors on a fix yet?
Message 16 of 24
behr
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunently no. I heard a little bit on Friday somewhere on the forums. The outage is something to do with Bing changing the internet protical it uses because of a virus. Bing has code examples on their site refering to the work around.

I am guessing that we will be sent out a hotfix. I don't know. But they are aware and working on it. 

Message 17 of 24
eliasluizgoncalves

Solução Segue.

O meu ainda não deu certo talvez o de vocês sim.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoca...

Att.

Att.
Elias Gonçalves
Message 18 of 24

Thanks!!

It worked!!

Message 19 of 24
Message 20 of 24
ezfisher
in reply to: SilverStar104101

I've installed the hotfix on a couple computers running Map 2014

on both, moving the cursor a few times causes Map to crash hard.  fatal errors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost