AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 constant FATAL ERRORS

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rckohler
857 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 constant FATAL ERRORS

I just downloaded a free trial & was able to import one shape file... The error occured when I tried importing a second shape file. I was able to recover the drawing once starting the program back up. As soon as it opens, the fatal error occurs again. I was unable to get anywhere after that. The imported shape files are only 1MB & 3MB's "large". I was under the impression this is a full trial version. Are there any size restrictions with it? What can I do to fix this issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robyn

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rckohler

Hi,

>> I was under the impression this is a full trial version. Are there any size restrictions with it?

The only restriction is the 30-day limitation, nothing else is different in functionality from the activated product.

Some questions to isolate the problem (hopefully):

• Where do you have the SHP-data from?
  • Have you tried to use _DATACONNECT to not import, but reference the SHP-data into your current drawing?
  • What coordinate-system do you use / which coordinate-system comes the SHP from?
  • Do you have any othter product that shows these SHP without errors?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
rckohler

I added a few shp files into my drawing using Data Connect. So far, no issues.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I added a few shp files into my drawing using Data Connect. So far, no issues.

does that mean that you can work now as you need?

...or is that just the confirmation for "the shape-files are ok"? (then I miss the answers to the other questions)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
rckohler
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes, I can work in my file as I need. The shp data is from Michigan GeoRef (MGRm). I am currently using M183-OB coordinate system (meters); which is what the shp files use.

Thanks again for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost