AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MAP 3D 2013 connect to Arch GIS GDB 10.0

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bparmar900
718 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD MAP 3D 2013 connect to Arch GIS GDB 10.0

Hi all,

I am using AutoCAD MAP 3D 2013 32 bit version. In this, I can find connection with Arch GDB. But when I am going to connect it shows the error and the provided conection is for Arch GIS 9.3 only.

How can I get FDO for ArchGIS 10.0

Thanks in advance.

Bparmar900

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bparmar900
in reply to: bparmar900

Hi all again...

Still there is no reply from any of AutoCAD Map 3D user or even Autodesk itself.

I am a new user of AutoCAD Map 3D and I have installed evalution copy of AutoCAD Map 3D 2013. I dont have ArchGIS lisence. But I have one geodata base file of ArchGIS 10. I want to connect it and work with it in Map 3D.

As we are in planning to work on GIS base but still our platform is not desided. It would be either Autodesk or ESRI, ArchGIS. I want to find which is batter and cheaper for me. Our client are using ArchGIS. so we have file in ArchGIS geodatabase format. If AutoCAD Map 3D successfully connect with it. then It is good for us otherwise we have to go with ArchGIS solution.

Kindly do the reply asap.

Find the attachment for error in Map 3D while try to connect with ArchGIS GDB.

Thanks in advance.

bparmar

Message 3 of 3

Hi,

the GDB file (I guess it's the personal geodatabase you mean) from ESRI used with ArcGIS is no open-source format or a format that is offical public documented, so you will have to use some converter to convert the GDB-data to something that you can read in Map3D, using tools like OGR2OGR or QGIS.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost