AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 acadmap.msi file issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1514 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 acadmap.msi file issue

We purchased multiple licenses from a vendor.  We received all of our information.  Instead of receiving CDs/DVDs we downloaded the file from AutoDesk and activated them with our information.

Now I am installing a program that requires 2012 to update. ?  it is searching for the MSI file.  I don't know where to direct it.  I have searched the program folder and found nothing.  I have searched the application data folder with no success.  Where would the MSI file be located if not in either of these locations? 

I deleted the installation file once we were done.  Do I need this?

Thank you for your help.

Mike

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
thepworth
in reply to: Anonymous

a couple of things

1)  anytime you install AutoCAD / Map / Civil, the software creates an image of the installation files (unextracted) in something like "C:\Autodesk" separate from the program executables (so it takes up an additional couple of GB of your HDD - I usually delete since we keep the downloaded installer on the network), you should be able to re-run the install from the setup.exe in that directory

2)  when you create the installation, if you select a custom install you can tell the software to contact the downloads area of AD to automatically search for & include the service packs/ updates with the installation.

Or you can go to the Map / support /downloads page to get the update & run the installer. 

does this help, or are you still stuck?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost