AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 32 bit on Windows 7 64 bit

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
danpopescu
7593 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 32 bit on Windows 7 64 bit

Hello,
We are a company that operates in the area of topography and land surveying in Romania, Europe. Our work is based on the need of processing data with a Computer Aided Design Software, so according to this we are using AutoCAD Map 3D 2008. The problem that we came across recently is related to the compatibility between AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 and the operating system.  Until now, all our computers we’re running Windows XP on 32 bit. Recently one of the computer was upgraded to a Windows 7 on 64 bit operating system and it is not compatible with the AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 on 32 bit. In order to solve the problem, we contacted the company that sold us the Autodesk software.  Their short reply and only available solution was to upgrade the AutoCAD software to AutoCAD 2014 ( OK, a good marketing strategy). This solution is not good to us because only 1 system runs Windows 7 64 bit, and the other computers runs Windows XP on 32 bit.
Is there any solution to install AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 on a Windows 7 64 bit operating system?

Waiting for your reply.

Sincerly,
SC PILOT CAD SRL Romania
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
hence_the_name
in reply to: danpopescu

Hi,

virtual machine such as VMWare. W7 - afaik - also comes with "XP mode" -a virtual machine by Microsoft. Depending on your W7 license it might included (not sure).

Running Map 2008 directly on W7 64bit - don't know. Have you tried? What is the problem? If there is a specific problem whilst installing or running the Map then look for a solution on the internet for that specific problem.

You still could just upgrade one Map from 2008 to 2014? What's the problem with that?

Good luck, rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 11
danpopescu
in reply to: hence_the_name

I get an error when loading the instalation CD. It says that the 32 bit version of autocad is not supported.

Message 4 of 11
hence_the_name

Hi,

earlier releases of 32bit versions could be installed on 64bit machines but ADSK changed that at some point.

Anyway - many people are trying to install the 32bit version on a 64bit system - just google for it or search the ADSK discussion lists.

Here are few links :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture/Updated-Workaround-instructions-for-64-Bit-OS-Ins...

http://www.thecadmasters.com/wordpress/index.php/2011/01/07/32-bit-autocad-on-a-64-bit-os/

Good luck

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 5 of 11
antoniovinci

danpopescu wrote:
solution was to upgrade the AutoCAD software to AutoCAD 2014
This solution is not good to us because only 1 system runs Windows 7 64 bit

The best solution would be upgrading the only Win7 workstation to Autocad 2014, while the other computers carry on using 2008 licenses.
I think that's better than playing with the slow XP emulation under Win7, sir.

Message 6 of 11
danpopescu

Thanks for the answers, after I searched more, i found the following solution:

1. Download and install Orca from Microsoft.
2. Copy the installation files to your hard drive or a network folder.
3. Backup the files ACA.msi and Setup.ini
4. Edit the ACA.msi with Orca and delete the action found in the table 
"InstallExecuteSequence" that is called "CheckFor64BitOS" Delete the same 
line under table "CustomAction"
5. Save and close the ACA.msi
6. Edit the Setup.ini with Notepad. Delete the line under 
"#==================== Platform Requirement" that is labeled 
"PLATFORM=NO_WOW_64_PROCESS"
7. Double-click the Setup.exe and you should be able to install without any 
problems.

After I did this it works great. Thanks !

Message 7 of 11
antoniovinci

Dan,

I guess your dealer will hate ya until you'll live...

Anyway, well done!

Message 8 of 11
pendean

edrd party tool called LONGBOW can do the same and help: less cumbersome than ORCA from Microsoft.
Message 9 of 11
gilson2121

suport atcd.JPG

Message 10 of 11

Hi,

please avoid crossposting, one thread per question is enough,

Let's continue >>>there<<<.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 11 of 11
marco

Thanks, i have this problem in my job in brazil, only your structions make work. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost