AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Map 2013 Won't Print Feature Layers when zoomed in

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dougwatson01
453 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Map 2013 Won't Print Feature Layers when zoomed in

while in a layout tab in paperspace, if I zoom in and try to plot a windowed area, the feature layer information does not print but all vector information does.  If I zoom extents and replot using the same previous settings with the small windowed area, all layers plot like they are supposed to.  Now another scenario is as follows:

If I switch to the modelspace tab,  Replot using the same settings as listed above, the feature layers plot as they are supposed to.  It seems that this problem occurs when I am in a layout tab and zoomed into an area.  I am running a Dell Precission T3600,635W, Windows 7,Four Core XEON (E5-1620, 3.6GHz, 10M, Turbo) computer with 32GB DDR3 RDIMM.  I also am running a 2GB NVIDIA Quadro 4000, Dual MON, 2DP & 1DVI graphics card.  I am stumpped.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Doug

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

what plotter driver did you use?

Every time when I have problems with plotting output I set the plotter to "DWF6 ePlot.pc3" and try that again. If that work I can take the DWF file, open it in DesignReview and send it to the plotter.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
dougwatson01
in reply to: dougwatson01

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for the response.  I tried the DWF6 ePlot.pc3 and got the same results.  It doesn't seem to matter which driver I use.  Adobe PDF, Hp T2300 RTL, RICOH-MP4500C.  As soon as I do a preview it show no Feature layers and this also includes any Survey data stores.  The only thing it shows is the CAD vector based info.  If I zoom extents and use the same small window to plot the specific area of the GIS map, it prints and previews everything as it is supposed to.  Even if I export the file to PDF zoomed in cuts out feature layers and leaves pieces of some elsewere on the drawing.  The only way to make it work is zoom extents.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost