AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD is running out of sytem memory

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
zachts1
668 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD is running out of sytem memory

Whenever I am switching between multiple large drawings I get this "AutoCAD is running out of system memory, would you like to cancel the current operation" message and then AutoCAD crashes. This never was a problem prior to 2010. what causes this? I have a more than powerful enough computer with 2gb of ram. Is there a setting somewhere that addresses this?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhdins
in reply to: zachts1

I think 2 gigs is a little low, I have 4 gigs of ram and I get the same thing. I have had that problem in all versions of autocad that I've worked in. I think the solution is to not have more than one or two drawings open at the same time. Maybe move to a 64 bit os and try 4 or 8 gigs of ram and see what that does.
Message 3 of 5
bidanshi

I had that problem and still have it occasionally but not as much. The issue is your computer is doing too much at once. What ending up fixing it for me was when the hard drive went bad. We had to reinstall everything and we installed only just barely what we needed. Now the message rarely comes even if I have 20+ dwg's open.
Message 4 of 5
braudpat

Hello

When the task "acad.exe" is growing and approaching 1.3-1.6 Gb of Ram
you will crash at every time !
Even if you have yet 500 Mb of memory Ram available !
because you are on a PC with 3 Gb Ram and Win XP Pro ...

This is TRUE with any version version of AutoCAD (2000-2011)
and any type : ACAD, LT, MAP, CIVIL, ADT

It's because the bad memory management of AutoCAD, memory leaks, etc ...
and a little bit Windows too ...

So the only solution when you will approach this limit,
is to switch to the 64 bits version of your AutoCAD
on a PC with 6-8 Gb Ram

Bye, Patrice (A very old user of AutoCAD, since R1.4)
Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
MarioKaic4923

i had this problem in all versions of acad, and usualy solved it by creating bigger page file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost