AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Civil 3d 2010 error message

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
OmLiDARTech
470 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad Civil 3d 2010 error message

I AutoCad Civil 3D 2010 and most of the drawings that I create have surface in them. I open the same drawing with AutoCad Map 3D 2014 on a different computer to work on that drawing and when I am done I save it as AutoCad 2000/LT2000. When I go back to AutoCad Civil 3D 2010 and I open the drawing I get the following error message

"This drawing was created with a newer version of Civil 3D. All entities created by Civil 3D within the drawing are in a proxy state. Additionally, all commands, settings, and displays of Civil 3D are disabled for this drawing." 

Any Idea how to fix this? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
braudpat
in reply to: OmLiDARTech

Hello

YES in theory, you could install on your MAP 2014 the CIVIL Object Enabler 2014 !

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-civil-2014-ob...

But when you will save again with MAP 2014 + OE CIVIL 2014 even in DWG2010 format

I am not sure that the OLD CIVIL 2010 will be able to retrieve its specific CIVIL 2010 AEC objects !?

Maybe with MAP 2014 + OE CIVIL 2014, the CIVIL Objects will be converted to CIVIL 2013/2014 objects ??

You have to try ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Civil objects are based on the AEC library. And when you open a Civil 2010 drawing with any AutoCAD based program >= 2013 you get the info that AEC-objects will be updated and so not any more compatible with old AutoCAD verticals that use the AEC library.

2014-12-05 00-14-06.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 6

Is there any way that I could change the settings of the AEC library on the 2013 version to make it compatible with 2010 version?
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

afaik NO, sorry.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6

Thanks Alfred

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost