AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad assigning random lineweight to map polygons

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Group1341
520 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad assigning random lineweight to map polygons

I have connected a ploygon shapefile of lakes, assigned a style, but when I plot, any polygon touching my viewport edge seems to have a random lineweight assigned. Additionally, as you can see in the attached image, I am getting a boundary along the viewport edge. Any ideas?

Thanks very much!

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
braudpat
in reply to: Group1341

Hello

Q1) Which ACAD MAP ?

Q2) And with which Service Pack ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Group1341
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat,

I am using AutoCAD Civil3D 2014 service pack 1

Product Ver: I.108.0.4, SP1

Message 4 of 6
braudpat

Hello

There is a SP 2 for CIVIL 2014 !?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-...

But I believe that it will not solve your problem ?

Q1) I imagine you have no problem in Model Space ?

Q2) I imagine if you zoom/pan a little inside the MVIEW the SHP lines affected by the weight will change !?

If YES, I think it's a bug !

Q3) Can you test with CIVIL 2012/2013/2015 ?

Q4) Can you share with US your SHX/SHP/DBF files ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Group1341
in reply to: braudpat

The issue only arises when I plot, from layout or model space. The problem is not apparent until I try to PDF the drawing.
 If you are familiar with Map3D, simply connect this SHP dataset (CANVEC) and style the polygons, then try a plot. I'm quite sure this is a bug. I am not able to share the DWG file as they're for a confidential project.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I can reproduce the issue with Civil 3D 2014 as well as with release 2015 (have not tested Map 3D now).

What I found out as workaround is to assign the lineweight of the polygon boundary to be in "Map" size context (and not in "Device" context.

These settings made my PDF's ok:

2014-12-05 00-52-53.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost