AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 and database connection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
smvest
1113 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 and database connection

I am running AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 on a 64-bit using Windows 7.  I try creating a new feature in CAD to add to the map/ database and I keep getting the same error message:

Feature was not saved in the target feature source.

Message details

- Failed to insert feature

- 1=Failed to executed Fdo command.

- 2=Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0: Invalid input parameters values. Check the status values for detail. (0)

- 3=Underlying DBMS error (-51)

- 4=Stream execute failed.

Failed to save edit set.

Failed to insert feature.

Failed to execute Fdo command.

Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0: Invalid input parameter values. Check the status values for detail. (0).

Underlying DBMS error (-51)

Stream execute failed.

Failed to save edit set.

I am thinking this has something to do with the ObjectID in the database.  It is the only column I believe needs to be generated in the table for it to be checked back in.  Is this correct and how I auto-generate it (it is grayed out and will not let me put a number in manually)?  Any info/help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Sue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jackie.ng
in reply to: smvest

What version of SQL Server are you using?

Which FDO provider are you using to connect to this database? (ODBC? SQL Server? SQL Server Spatial?)

To find out if your ObjectID is auto-generated, open your connection in the Schema Editor (Map Explorer tab in your Task Pane, select the SQL Server connection then go Schema - Edit Schema). In your Schema Editor locate your ObjectID property and see if Auto Generated is set to true

- Jackie

Message 3 of 3
smvest
in reply to: jackie.ng

We have 2008 SQL server and I am using ArcSDE to connect to the database.  I checked to see if the ObjectID property was being Auto Generated and it is.  I create a point by right clicking on the layer.  When I try to check it in I get the error message and it appears the ObjectID is not being Auto Generated.  Is there some other variable that needs to be turned on?

Thanks,

Sue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost