AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit says 2,532 Errors Fixed AcDB2dVertex and large file size

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JLBlpda
514 Views, 2 Replies

Audit says 2,532 Errors Fixed AcDB2dVertex and large file size

I'm running AutoCAD Map3d v. 2013 and keep having problems with one drawing.

This drawing compiles multiple files into one base - files were made in both MicroStation and AutoCad. I fixed a fatal error problem by ditching non-standard fonts and relying only on arial and simplex.

Now I have to recover the drawing to open it and recover says it found 2,532 errors that were fixed. All of the errors were variations on the following;

AcDb2dVertex  linetype! = owner's  set to owner's

After recover fixed the errors, file size went from 30,000K to 19,000K, which is still huge for what I'm working with (linework only with aerial TIFs xreffed in).

I'd like to know what the error message means and if it's going to happen again next time I close down my file and try to re-open.

I fully uninstalled and re-installed AutoCAD yesterday thinking it might be the software but seems like it's only this drawing.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: JLBlpda

One thing may be that if there is a line type named "OWNER'S" try to replace it with a regular line type. The ' (apostrophe) may be causing the error. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: JLBlpda

Hi,

as far as I understand the message "AcDb2dVertex  linetype! = owner's  set to owner's" it has the following meaning:

A polyline has an ID/handle in AutoCAD, and additionally the old version of polyline ("2D-Polyline") is built up of "AcDb2dVertex" objects, each of that vertices has it's own handle and properties, properties like color and linetype and lineweight. The values for these properties exist just because of historical reasons, you can't (without development) modify them and all the properties have to have the value "fromOwner" ... that means the color of the vertex = fromOwner ... from polyline (polyline is the owner of the vertex). the vertex can't have a different color than the polyline has.

For some reasons, especially when importing DWG-files from none-Autodesk applications these properties are set incorrect and have to be repaired using _AUDIT.

Hope that is described clear, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost