AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute Domain

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
466 Views, 2 Replies

Attribute Domain

I am utilizing the ESRI ArcGIS for AutoCAD plugin to edit feature attributes in AutoCAD Map 3D 2009.

Is there a way to control/restrict available attribute values, similar to a Domain in an ArcGIS Geodatabase?

The .dwg I'm editing was created from a personal Geodatabase by using the 'Export to CAD' tool in ArcGIS 9.3.1 basesd on SDSFIE schema, so maintaining consistent attribute values is imperative.

Thanks for any and all help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jackie.ng
in reply to: 20090927

FDO supports list and range value constraints. But there are two things to note:

1) There's no FDO provider for ArcGIS, however there is FDO providers for ArcSDE and SHP files.
2) List and Range value constraint support varies from provider to provider.

- Jackie
Message 3 of 3
gingerrc4
in reply to: 20090927

I noticed this was an old thread and I thought I would check in and see if anything has changed.  I too am using ArcGIS for AutoCAD to connect to a feature service running on ArcGIS Server.  The feature service is actually a feature class in an enterprise geodatabase.  It would be nice to edit the attributes for the feature service from Map 3d (2012, 2014) and still have access to the geodatabase domains.  Is this possible with some customization on the AutoCAD side?

Thanks,

Robyn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost