AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach SHP to multiple DWGs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
451 Views, 2 Replies

Attach SHP to multiple DWGs

In Map 2010 I can attach a ESRI .shp files to a .dwg and create styles for them.   But I need to get that information into several .dwg files.  I prefer not to import the data, but to maintain the information in .shp format.  I don't see a quick way to save attached .shp data with a style and bring it into another .dwg.  Instead, you have to attach the data and rebuild the style from scratch in each .dwg.  Am I missing something obvious - is there a way to quickly bring the data and styles from one drawing into another?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
norman.yuan
in reply to: Anonymous

SHP file only contains data, not data presentation information. With AcadMap, the style configuration go with map layers. You can save a desired layer (properly styled for certain data presentaion) as *.layer file. Then you can load the *.layer file into any drawing.

To save a layer, right-click a layer  in "Display Manager" and select "Save Layer..."

Tp load saved layer, right-click a empty spot in "Display Manager' and select "Data->Load Layer...".

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That worked!  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost