AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Geodetic Transforamtion Globally

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Gary_Braun
275 Views, 2 Replies

Assign Geodetic Transforamtion Globally

While deploying Map 2015 to our user base, I've been editing the NAD27-NAD83 geodetic transformation on each machine to have it use a custom GSB file we have for our region. I've now noticed that Map only recognizes this change on a per user basis, so it only works when I'm logged in, other users are faced with the default transformation settings.

Does anyone know if/how to make this change apply globally for all users on a machine?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
diane.cloutier
in reply to: Gary_Braun

Hi Gary,

Since version 2014 of Map 3D, the user defined CS are located in the following path: 

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\User Geospatial Coordinate Systems

As far as I know there is no way to change the path, but you could use a batch to copy the files to each user - maybe with starting the user profile.

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

Diane Cloutier
Message 3 of 3
Gary_Braun
in reply to: diane.cloutier

Interesting, I wasn't aware of this change but I'll bet it is somehow responsible for all of the CS problems I had while switching between 2013 and 2014 machines while working on certain drawings last year. All of that aside, if Map 3D sets up user CSD files that it references for geodetic transformation, then what is the point of the CSD files in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Geospatial Coordinate Systems 14.01? Are they there only to be used as default source files while setting up the user profiles or do they serve some other purpose?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost