AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ascii absolute geometric

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wtb34
462 Views, 2 Replies

Ascii absolute geometric

Hi there!

Hopefully someone can help on this one.  I'm relatively new to AutCAD map 3d but I've used arcGIS a while back.

I have existing roads, towns etc data that are already set to UTM 17.  I want to import ascii point coordinates (from a comma delimited file) into the file.  I can import the ascii coordinates as points fine (easting and northing), however the points come in as the absolute coordinates rather than geometric coordinates.  I already set the files for right geographic projections.  Beyond manually inputing the coordinates into the coordinate tracker, is there a way to import the coordinates form the file set for the geometric coordinates?

Thanks in advance!!

J

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: wtb34

Have you assigned the coordinate system to your dwg and the text file you are importing into?

cs-assigned.jpg

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
wtb34
in reply to: Murph_Map

Yup.  I've assigned the same coordinate system to both the drawing and when I import the ascii coordinates into the survey data store.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost