AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArcGIS ESRI World Imagery resolution

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jak79
1468 Views, 3 Replies

ArcGIS ESRI World Imagery resolution

I am using C3D 2014 with ArcGIS. My question is regarding the image resolution when using the ESRI World Imagery Map. As an example I zoom to where I can view the entire limits of my project (approx 3 square miles). If I plot one of the city block from this view (1=100 scale) the quality is poor. When I zoom down to just the limits of the city block and create a plot (1=100 scale) the resolution is acceptable. I believe the better quality resolution when zooming in is call "pyramid" display. I'm wondering if it's possible to "turn off" this resolution display control so I get the same quality plot when zoomed out to the project extents as I do when zoomed in close.

Any comments or better practices are appreciated.

Thanks    

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alexlibrelon
in reply to: jak79

Good Morning.
Was in doubt:
You want to disable this option in Civil 3D or ArcGIS?

Alex Librelon
Projetista Master - Youtube | Blog | Linkedin

- Marque a resposta que resolveu o seu problema como solução, isso ajuda os outros usuários em suas buscas;
- Clique em "Curtir" caso a resposta tenha ajudado;
Message 3 of 4
jak79
in reply to: alexlibrelon

Sorry for the poor explanation of what I'm looking for.

I think the resolution of an image is controlled with the ArcGIS program but I'm not sure if there even is a process to "turn off" how the resolution is set based on how close or how far out you zoom. In short when I'm zoomed in close the resolution of the image is acceptable and makes a good image to use as a background plot. I'm wondering is there is a way to keep this "in close" resolution when I zoom out to the extents of my project.

Thanks for the reply

Message 4 of 4
phil_borycens
in reply to: jak79

Are you connecting to a ESRI WMS service using FDO (Data Connect)? Or are you actually using ArcGIS for AutoCAD?

If you're using ArcGIS for AutoCAD, I really don't have any suggestions to share, as I haven't tried it myself.

But I will tell you some places you can look for adjusting image quality in AutoCAD Map 3D:

• Try toggling hardware acceleration. In 2014 and earlier releases, you can get to this by running 3DCONFIG > Manual Tune. In 2015 run GRAPHICSCONFIG to get to this toggle.
  • When you're at the desired zoom level, select and right-click the layer in Display Manager and choose Resample Raster.

These may not apply to streaming images - but in MAPIOPTIONS, there are a couple more settings you can adjust:

• General tab > Display Quality > High.
  • Memory > Memory Limit > choose a larger value.

Phil Borycens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost