AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyboy else experiencing Memory problems?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
c.schmidt
568 Views, 1 Reply

Anyboy else experiencing Memory problems?

Hi @all, 

Me and my company have recently updated to Map 3D 2012. (from 2011)

After testing a lot, i figured out that the client fills my RAM until it is full,

though i am not doing any big interaction. Just strafing over some points

let the used memory of the Acad-process increase by 3-4MB per second.

Second big problem which we have is using snap functions on enhanced stylizations

like point symbols and so on. 

E.g.: My co-worker has to create a huge amount of aligned dimensions. 

Therefor he uses the snap-functions to snap start and endpoint of the dimensions.

After some time (and dimensions) the app crashes. sometimes after 1 hour, 

sometimes every 5 min.

The Autodesk support says, that this "memory leak problem" should be solved with

SP1 but it isn't for me. Also for the problems with dimensioning they say, that they

have heard of some users who have the same problem, but can't provide a solution. 

Probably anybody in this forum is experiencing the same problems and can provide any hint?

System information: Intel I7, 8GB Ram, ATI firepro V4800, Win7 x64, AutoCad Map 3D enterprise 2012 x64 SP1

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sanudy2011
in reply to: c.schmidt

HI, c.schmidt ,

We too have faced similar problems using and we had worked out some changes in our systems which didnt requred much updation in the system.

Firstly , we had free the space in local drive where the Autocad has been installed and asked the user to avoid the users to save data on other drives so that Autocad can function normally, Usually Autocad a huge amount of usage back hand, hence we found the only solution to make it work is to provide as much as free space we can.

Secondly try deleting the temp files created by Autocad on the given location:-

del/q "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2009\R17.2\MapCache\*.*"

You can add this in batch file which the user can run on some time intervals.

Thridly: In Autocad option menu you would find some sub menus which allows the users to change the saving path for temp and external files. refer the sanpshot. this frees the local memory of the machine hence avoids the shutdown of Autocad.

Hope so this helps.

Santosh Udyavar

Rolta India Ltd

Mumbai.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost