AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Annotation template question

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jagielski
449 Views, 4 Replies

Another Annotation template question

So I would like to assign the layer text goes on when using an annotation template by the polygon that is being labeled. I can do that by putting .layer in the expression box for the layer in the template. I would like to take that a step farther and have the annotation template label go on an appended layer based on the polygon being labled. So if the polygon is on layer "own", I would like to somehow put the annotation template on a "own-t" layer. I know I can just specify the layer "own-t" but I don't want to create a annotation template for every type of control that I have (own, lease, etc.). Does this make any sense, and is it possible.

Thank you,

Kraig

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: jagielski

Try using this expression (STRCAT (.layer " -T"))

My Map3D needs a repair install or I would of tested it first before replying.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 5
jagielski
in reply to: Murph_Map

Murph,

Thanks for the reply. I had tried that. I tried again, checking sytex. I get a warning message saying Missing quotation mark in the expression, and it ignored the expression and puts the label on the "0" layer.

I don't know much about using expressions, but I've tried a series of different ways trying to concatenate the .layer with "-T" with no luck.

Thank you,

Kraig

Message 4 of 5
jagielski

Well, I tried again and now I'm getting an "Unsupported operator specified in expresion: .layer" warning message.

Message 5 of 5
jagielski

Okay, I got it to work like so:

(strcat .layer "-T")

The extra set of parentheses were left out.

Thank you,
Kraig

***Email Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail, and in any accompanying documents, may constitute confidential and/or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for use by the designated recipient. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost