AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotations - Expressions & refresh/Updates

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mbshaw77
518 Views, 5 Replies

Annotations - Expressions & refresh/Updates

Need some help creating and using annotations.

The attached file has the annotation template I created.I am trying to add a <space> between the area and "SF" as well as add a comma at the thousands, millions, etc. in the area number. I've searched the fourms with no success finding what I need.

Also, when I change the name of the "ID" vlaue I created and then later use MAPANNUPDATE or MAPANNREFRESH using Discard, Retain, Fullannotation, or Stringsonly the "ID" value reverts back to the default. 

Suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
olivier.eckmann
in reply to: mbshaw77

Hi,

Here is a video explaining how to add an OD table and attach ID data to pline. Then modification of annotation template to use this OD field, and add space in the strcat field for AREA

Olivier

Message 3 of 6
Murph_Map

To add the space between the number and SF just add a space in the expression between the " (double quote)  and SF

(strcat (rtos .AREA 2 0) " SF") 

As for the ID value changing with out your OD table and an object that has it attached to, I have no suggection. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 6
mbshaw77
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thank you Olivier and Murph! Very much appreciated.

Not sure what I was doing wrong creating the annotation but its working now.

Any suggestions on how to add the comma?
Message 5 of 6
parkr4st

", "

Message 6 of 6
mbshaw77
in reply to: parkr4st

Thank you for the suggestion but I'm looking to add a comma in the thousands, millions, etc position in the Area value.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost